Well, it seems The Pretty has been evading me. So I’ve been looking into fast and easy ways to enhance my beauty without too much time or commitment. There are a lot of options actually that may seem extreme but I am taking them seriously so judge lightly:
- Permanent Make Up – It’s a one time shot to get a little eye liner and lip tint. Then no more daily applications needed. Maybe a touch up after about 10 years. No eyeliner for 10 years? Sign me tha bleep up.
- Breast Enhancement- come on, what is “real” or “natural” about most of the applications we partake in every single day? Lipstick, mascara, high heels, shiny objects in holes we’ve put in our bodies or around our extremities, spanx, spray tan, on and on. Well my breasts are not what they used to be but damn my kid is cute. So cute he sucked the cute right out of my fun bags. New fun bags pronto please.
- Shellack Mani Pedi- not quite as invasive but lasts a month at least. My hands are constantly taking a beating and polish lasts a day. One day if I’m lucky. Slap those chemicals on. I’m game.
- Colored Contacts- kidding. I can’t even stand to pull a teensy lint particle out of the corner of my eye much less suction a plastic whatchamacollit to. Blaaaak.
- IS there such a thing as permanent spray tan?
- Hair Extensions- Ok here we have a big huge winner ladies! There is a bit of time and financial commitment. It takes about three hours for application but lasts 5 months. Costs average $550 which breaks down to a little over $100 a month. WORTH IT! Gorg long full hair that looks like I just stepped off the beach. Sold. Hubby Will Heart.
- Juvederm Filler for lips+ – every six months getting a little poke or two to have fuller lips and a more pronounced cheekbone that make everything look plump and young again. I am probably going to start with just the lips but very interested in this. As long as numbing creme is involved.
- Photo Facial – it takes about 5 treatments to see a difference evidently. Doesn’t do much for wrinkles, mostly pigmentation. I’m still for it. Being a sunny bunny as a kiddo has left me with spotty splotchy’s on my face and hands. This process lifts the damage to the surface then poof….Let’s just go ahead and wipe those right off.
If I continue down the appearance enhancement road I could really take a detour and end up looking like a puppet. As so many women we know do. This is not the point. I want to look like me only better. I am not interested in looking different per say. Just a little prettier if possible in the most natural manner. I realize that have my face injected with a foreign synthetic substance sounds horrendous to the ear, to the eye it sure does look nice. Now to the pocketbook they all look a little scary.
All options considered….I am going to start with extensions and botox.
It has been decided.